Environmental Permitting – State, Federal & Municipal

CEA staff are experienced in all levels of environmental permitting and are respected by both clients and regulators for our knowledge and attention to detail. CEA can help prepare and acquire municipal, state, and federal permits. Additionally, our staff is experienced in working through Maine in-lieu-fee (ILF) program, and can help clients decide if ILF is a viable option to satisfy their permitting requirements.


  • Zone changes (including contract zoning)
  • Subdivision permits
  • Shoreland zoning permits and planning
  • Planting plan design for shoreline vegetation disturbance

State of New Hampshire

  • Permit by notification
  • Standard dredge & fill permit application (minimum impact, minor & major)
  • Minimum impact expedited permit application
  • After-the-fact dredge and fill permit application
  • Shoreland permit applications


  • Army Corps of Engineers General Permits and Individual Department of the Army Permits