CEA is looking for the following professionals:
The Principal for the Natural Resources-Renewables Practices will have 15+ years of experience and be a credentialed wetland scientist or soil scientist, with a BS, preferably MS. This individual will have deep experience with environmental capital project permitting. The position will be located in our Portland Maine office and will be responsible for the growth of CEA’s regional renewable energy business. This business serves utilities, renewable energy firms (solar and wind), and commercial developers. The right candidate for this position will have excellent leadership skills, be a capable people manager, and an excellent client steward. The following are the position responsibilities:
- Work to maintain and potentially grow existing client relationships in New England and grow this business sector regionally and eventually nationally
- Be responsible for > $1 million in bookings in the natural resources-renewable energy market. Grow this business line to $5 million in 3 years and > $10 million in 5 years
- Be an effective program manager to effectively drive the permitting for solar portfolios and large wind energy projects
- Be adept at managing the permitting process, and have direct experience with Site Law and SLODA permitting in Maine, as well as relationships with ACOE, Fish & Wildlife, and other agencies
- Provide effective supervision of the team in the Portland office and have the skill set to manage remote teams
- Past experience managing large environmental field studies on both linear projects and large sites/portfolios (solar/wind)
- Creative, innovative thinker who has the trust of clients and builds solid, long term relationships
- Exhibit an entrepreneurial spirit that embraces the firm’s plan to grow dynamically over the next 5 to 10 years
Boyle Associates, a subsidiary of CEA, is a full-service environmental consulting firm located on the working waterfront in Portland, Maine. Our staff has extensive experience in meeting client needs of early stage development and preliminary project diligence, support in developing permit applications and obtaining regulatory approvals, and supporting compliance and oversight during construction. We support our clients on diverse projects in both terrestrial and marine environments. We work on a great variety of projects and this position offers a growth opportunity to the right applicant.
Boyle is seeking applicants for the position of Project Manager/Senior Scientist. This position is assigned to our Portland, Maine office located at 254 Commercial Street and reports to the company Principal. The successful applicant will help to lead our company’s portfolio of projects and be responsible for managing timelines, the development of technical reports, permit documents, and regulatory applications. Preference given to those with demonstrated permitting experience in our region.
This position will closely coordinate with all Boyle staff and other companies that are part of the CEA family. Specific duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following: Successfully leads projects through completion and implement standards and processes for quality assurance and quality control of all project deliverables; Coordinate field efforts and technical studies to implement a well-managed process serving the diverse needs of our clients; Analyze current business processes and document control requirements; Facilitate collection and delivery of environmental data and use analytical/planning tools; Continually seek to improve practices to add quality and value in support of Boyle’s growth and practice goals while identifying and eliminating unnecessary and redundant actions.
MINIMUM ENTRANCE REQUIREMENTS: Applicants must have at least (A) six (6) years of full-time professional, administrative, supervisory, or managerial experience in business administration, business management, public administration, public management, clinical administration or clinical management of which (B) at least two (2) years must have been in a project management, supervisory or managerial capacity working as a consultant in the New England market. This is in addition to the following;
· Willingness to learn and a positive attitude
· Ability to thrive is a fast paced and variable work environment.
· Ability to travel and work extended hours during the field season.
· Experience leading teams and overseeing and ensuring work quality of others.
· Experience using full suite of Microsoft office tools (Project, Excel, etc.)
· Ability to effectively manage data and develop organize file structures.
· Willing and capable of working as part of a team.
· Able to develop and implement complex analytical decision making under pressure.
Corporate Environmental Advisors (CEA) is a full-service environmental consulting firm located on the working waterfront in Portland, Maine. Our staff has extensive experience in meeting client needs of early-stage development and preliminary project diligence, support in developing permit applications and obtaining regulatory approvals, and supporting compliance and oversight during construction. We support our clients on diverse projects in both terrestrial and marine environments. We work on a great variety of projects and this position offers a growth opportunity to the right applicant.
The firm is seeking an Environmental Scientist to help grow its Natural Resource practice which serves a wide variety of clients in renewable energy. The ideal candidate for this position has a strong desire to learn and grow in the Environmental Consulting industry. CEA offers competitive salaries, full benefits and maintains a positive culture that encourages staff to take ownership of their careers while providing support to help them achieve their goals.
Duties include assisting with wetland delineations, vernal pool surveys, habitat assessments, and environmental permitting. The candidate should be comfortable operating a Trimble GPS and iPad mapping applications while being familiar with regional flora and fauna and environmental regulations. This position requires long days in the field in variable weather conditions.
Requirements for this position include:
- Bachelor of Science in Environmental Biology or a related subject.
- Two – five years of experience working in the natural resources.
- Ability to operate a Trimble GPS and/or other mapping tools.
- Ability to write reports based on data collected in the field.
- Strong desire to learn and grow in this industry.
- Willingness to learn and a positive attitude.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced and variable work environment.
- Ability to travel and work extended hours during the field season.
- Experience using the full suite of Microsoft office tools (Project, Excel, etc.)
- Willing and capable of working as part of a team.
Corporate Environmental Advisors (CEA) is looking for a full-time Project Scientist or Engineer for our office in Eastern North Carolina. We are looking for someone who is highly motivated and who takes personal responsibility to ensure shared success. The Project Scientist or Engineer will support remedial investigation projects, due diligence projects, and other environmental investigations for existing and future clients.
- Bachelor’s degree in environmental science, engineering, or geology.
- Between 0 and 5 years of experience in the environmental consulting field.
- Experience in conducting Phase I and Phase II Environmental Site Assessments in accordance with ASTM guidelines and industry standards is desired.
- Experience with environmental investigations involving solvents, pesticides, organic contaminants, metals, and nutrient parameters is desired.
- Ability to coordinate subcontractors including utility locators and drilling companies to execute work.
- Experience sampling soil, groundwater, surface waters, and sediment media via various methods is desired.
- Excellent writing and communication skills are essential. Experience writing reports on remedial or environmental investigations is beneficial. Attention to detail is a must.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs and management of data is beneficial.
- The ability to work in a team is a must.
- Ability to travel 25-50% of the time.
- Environmental certifications including HAZWOPER and safety certifications. Wetland delineation certification is beneficial.
- Valid driver’s license as fieldwork and site travel is involved.
- Abide by CEA’s health and safety policies and procedures.
CEA is a full-service environmental consulting firm with expertise in all aspects of environmental consulting, including environmental due diligence, site assessment and remediation, environmental health and safety (EH&S), industrial hygiene, hazardous building material assessments, emergency response, and multi-media sampling and related field services. CEA is a national company headquartered on the East Coast, with branch offices throughout the USA, including North Carolina.
CEA is a great place to work. We offer a team-oriented environment in which we foster a positive attitude towards work. CEA offers a competitive salary, a full range of benefits, including medical and dental health insurance, vacation, sick, and holiday pay, and disability and life insurance. CEA offers a 401k, along with company contributions, and the potential for incentive bonuses. CEA offers compensation for professional license fees and annual reviews with the possibility of annual raises.
How to Apply
Qualified candidates should send their Resume, Cover Letter, and three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org