CEA is looking for the following professionals:
The Principal for the Natural Resources-Renewables Practices will have 15+ years of experience and be a credentialed wetland scientist or soil scientist, with a BS, preferably MS. This individual will have deep experience with environmental capital project permitting. The position will be located in our Portland Maine office and will be responsible for the growth of CEA’s regional renewable energy business. This business serves utilities, renewable energy firms (solar and wind), and commercial developers. The right candidate for this position will have excellent leadership skills, be a capable people manager, and an excellent client steward. The following are the position responsibilities:
- Work to maintain and potentially grow existing client relationships in New England and grow this business sector regionally and eventually nationally
- Be responsible for > $1 million in bookings in the natural resources-renewable energy market. Grow this business line to $5 million in 3 years and > $10 million in 5 years
- Be an effective program manager to effectively drive the permitting for solar portfolios and large wind energy projects
- Be adept at managing the permitting process, and have direct experience with Site Law and SLODA permitting in Maine, as well as relationships with ACOE, Fish & Wildlife, and other agencies
- Provide effective supervision of the team in the Portland office and have the skill set to manage remote teams
- Past experience managing large environmental field studies on both linear projects and large sites/portfolios (solar/wind)
- Creative, innovative thinker who has the trust of clients and builds solid, long term relationships
- Exhibit an entrepreneurial spirit that embraces the firm’s plan to grow dynamically over the next 5 to 10 years
Corporate Environmental Advisors (CEA) is looking for a full-time Project Scientist or Engineer for our office in Eastern North Carolina. We are looking for someone who is highly motivated and who takes personal responsibility to ensure shared success. The Project Scientist or Engineer will support remedial investigation projects, due diligence projects, and other environmental investigations for existing and future clients.
- Bachelor’s degree in environmental science, engineering, or geology.
- Between 0 and 5 years of experience in the environmental consulting field.
- Experience in conducting Phase I and Phase II Environmental Site Assessments in accordance with ASTM guidelines and industry standards is desired.
- Experience with environmental investigations involving solvents, pesticides, organic contaminants, metals, and nutrient parameters is desired.
- Ability to coordinate subcontractors including utility locators and drilling companies to execute work.
- Experience sampling soil, groundwater, surface waters, and sediment media via various methods is desired.
- Excellent writing and communication skills are essential. Experience writing reports on remedial or environmental investigations is beneficial. Attention to detail is a must.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs and management of data is beneficial.
- The ability to work in a team is a must.
- Ability to travel 25-50% of the time.
- Environmental certifications including HAZWOPER and safety certifications. Wetland delineation certification is beneficial.
- Valid driver’s license as fieldwork and site travel is involved.
- Abide by CEA’s health and safety policies and procedures.
CEA is a full-service environmental consulting firm with expertise in all aspects of environmental consulting, including environmental due diligence, site assessment and remediation, environmental health and safety (EH&S), industrial hygiene, hazardous building material assessments, emergency response, and multi-media sampling and related field services. CEA is a national company headquartered on the East Coast, with branch offices throughout the USA, including North Carolina.
CEA is a great place to work. We offer a team-oriented environment in which we foster a positive attitude towards work. CEA offers a competitive salary, a full range of benefits, including medical and dental health insurance, vacation, sick, and holiday pay, and disability and life insurance. CEA offers a 401k, along with company contributions, and the potential for incentive bonuses. CEA offers compensation for professional license fees and annual reviews with the possibility of annual raises.
How to Apply
Qualified candidates should send their Resume, Cover Letter, and three professional references to email@example.com